CGTech’s unique algorithm minimizes file size, while preserving manufacturing features such as holes, fillets, corner radii, pockets and surfaces. The result is a highly accurate “as-machined” model.
No more manually modelling the material state for each operation! No more using scanning equipment and surfacing software on the physical workpiece!
In addition to IGES, STL and STEP, CGTech offers Model Interfaces for CATIA V5, CATIA V4, and ACIS.
Uses for model export:
Rationalize the time required to generate the process data!
- Use the “in-process” model to plan for multiple setups or staged machining
- Avoid problems when programming subsequent cuts
- Eliminate trying to “visualize” geometric shape of material at each stage of machining
- Create more accurate and efficient tool paths
Take the “as-machined” model back into your CAD system!
- Update your design model or process to reflect the true finished part, complete with machined features
- Perform mechanical analysis of the “as cut” finished workpiece
Create CAD models from existing VERICUT or APT programs
- Import, modify and update the models in your CAD system
- Design mating parts, etc.
- Installation support