CGTech Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales, company number: 3579362, VAT Registration number: 717604145 (collectively referred to as “CGTech Ltd”, “we” or “us” in this policy). CGTech Ltd website www.cgtech.co.uk (referred to as “our website” or “the website” in this policy).
This policy provides you with information about:
- What personal data we collect
- How we use your data
- Legal basis and legitimate interests for using data
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained and data kept secure
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data
CGTech Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We recommend that you check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What personal data do we collect?
Information you give us
We may collect and process the following information about you in the course of you using our website, registering to attend an event, completing an application to become a customer or interacting with us directly via email:
- Your contact details – name, email address, telephone number, company, postal address & records of correspondence
We ask that you do not send, upload or disclose any special category data about yourselves or any end user on or through our services.
Information we collect about you
Whilst using our website, we may automatically collect certain information about your visit and the device you have used to access our website. This information does not identify anyone individually but provides us with statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns.
- The IP address of the device used to access our website
- The internet domain name through which you accessed the website
- The length of the session on the website
- Details of the pages on our website and the resources that were viewed and accessed
- The web browser used by your device to access the website
- Your device’s operating system and details of any websites that provided you with a link to our website (e.g if you used google to get to our website).
How we use your data
We will use this information to:
- To provide services to you
- To provide you with details of current and upcoming events
- To carry out checks on you such as customer credit checks
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- To provide existing customers with information of services we feel may interest you
- To provide potential customers with information of services we feel may be of interest or benefit to you
- To provide a tailored website available to you
- When you make an information request on our website about one of our services
- To notify you about any changes to our services
- To deal with any queries, complaints or problems
CGTech Ltd will not share your information for marketing purposes outside of CGTech Ltd.
Legal Obligations & Legitimate Interests
We collect personal data and it is necessary for us to do so for the following purposes:
- To comply with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sales of services to a customer
- To comply with our legal obligations
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests
Where we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing information, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Each marketing email we send to you will include an option for your to opt out/unsubscribe from further marketing emails.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to how your personal data is used. We have detailed some of your rights below:
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes
- to access personal data held about you and to obtain a copy of it, including to receive your personal data, which you have provided to CGTech Ltd, in a structured, commonly-used and machine readable format and the right to transmit that data to another data controller without hindrance, or to have that personal data transmitted to another data controller, where technically feasible
- to prevent any processing of personal data that is causing or is likely to cause unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you or another individual;
- to obtain without undue delay the rectification or completion of personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete
- to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data and to request its erasure under certain circumstances
- to be informed about any use of your personal data to make automated decisions about you, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of this processing
- to lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being used to a supervisory authority
If you would like to obtain a written copy of your personal data or wish to amend any of your personal details please write to us at the address detailed under the Contact Us section. You will need to verify your identity and specify what information you require. Please also provide us with an address to which we should send the information.
Security & International Transfers
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. We will not be liable for any loss of or interception of your information, unless this results from our failure to use reasonable steps to keep it secure.
To deliver services to you, it is sometimes necessary for CGTech Ltd to share your data outside of the European Economic Area to CGTech Inc based in the United States. These transfer are subject to special rules under data protection laws. If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure.
We will only keep your data for as long as it is necessary for the purpose it was collected. At the end of the retention period your data will be securely deleted.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. For example, they enable a website to identify that, when you move from one page to another, you are not a new user and so do not need to log on again.
Cookies can be set by the owner of the website itself (“first party cookies”) or by other websites that provide content (such as advertising) for the website that you are viewing (“third party cookies”)
The cookies used on the Website can be grouped into the following four categories:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They allow our web servers to respond to your actions on the Website and while browsing it. The Website will not work for you without these cookies.
Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Website in order to remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. The session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
Some cookies used on the Website are temporary and remain on your device until you leave the Website, at which point they are deleted. These are often called “session” cookies. Session cookies are typically used on the Website to allow you to carry information across pages of the Website and avoid having to re-enter information, and to allow you to access stored information whilst you are logged into a user account on the Website.
Other cookies used on the Website remain on your device once you have left the Website (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). These are often called “persistent cookies”. Persistent cookies are typically used on the Website to help it recognise your device when you return to it, and to help us improve the structure of the Website by compiling anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use the Website.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers can be found in the following website https://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies
If you disable cookies, the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
Disclosure of Information
If you have any questions about how CGTech Ltd uses your personal data that are not answered here or if you wish to access, correct or update the personal data we hold about you, please contact us either by post or by email on the details below:
34 Third Avenue